[IIU] Internet Eireann

daev dwalsh at blather.net
Thu Mar 22 15:24:02 CST 2001

At 14:30 21/03/01, James Raftery wrote:
>On Wed, Mar 21, 2001 at 02:04:22PM +0000, Alex French wrote:
> > I spent a few months working for them... they were based in a basement in
> > Gardiner St, Dublin.
>
>Yep. I remember the day it flooded :)

YOU remember the day? You weren't drying out modems with handryers in the
loos.

>The service was, well you got what you paid for. They did PPP? Blast, I
>never knew. The modem banks were invariably busy for hours on end and
>throughput was miserable. That said, I was young, innocent and thought
>this internet thing was a blast anyway.

Same here, and  I was working there...

daev

      Dave Walsh, Chief Blatherskite
	 http://www.blather.net
    The Journal of Gonzo Metaphysics
	http://www.hellshaw.com
'An Exercise in Blatant Self-Promotion'
'A country without village idiots is not worth living in.
Without them there is no way of knowing who are sane.'
- Oliver St. Gogarty, *As I Was Going Down Sackville St.*